Aurora-A Kinase antibody | 35C1
Filter by Application:WB IF IP Reset
Mouse anti Aurora-A Kinase
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Aurora-A Kinase
|Mouse anri Human Aurora -A kinase monoclonal antibody, clone 35C1 recognizes human Aurora-A kinase also known as Aurora 2, breast tumor-amplified kinase and serine/threonine-protein kinase 6 or 15. Aurora kinase A is member of the Ser/Thr protein kinase family containing a single protein kinase domain, has a molecular weight of ~46kDa and is involved in mitotic spindle assembly (Ducat et al. 2004).
Aurora-A kinase is reported to be overexpressed in many epithelial cancers and is thought to play an important role in tumorigenesis (Katayama et al. 2003). Aurora A kinase appears to facilitate phosphorylation of centrin and co-localizes with it at centrosomes with maximum expression through prophase to late metaphase (Lukasiewicz et al. 2011).
Mouse anti human Aurora-A kinase, clone 35C1 recognizes an epitope within the non-catalytic N-terminal domain of Aurora-A. Clone 35C1 does not inhibit Aurora-A kinase activity (Cremet et al. 2003).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant Aurora-A
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c were fused with cells of the SP2/0-Ag14 mouse myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human 293 and mouse LLC1 cell lines.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti aurora-A kinase antibody, clone 35C1 detects a band of approximately 46kDa in human HeLa and mouse M-ICc12 cell lysates.
Cremet, J.Y. et al. (2003) Preparation and characterization of a human aurora-A kinase monoclonal antibody.
Mol Cell Biochem. 243 (1-2): 123-31.
References for Aurora-A Kinase antibody
Lukasiewicz, K.B. et al. (2011) Control of centrin stability by Aurora A.
PLoS One. 6: e21291.
Hartsink-Segers, S.A. et al. (2013) Aurora kinases in childhood acute leukemia: the promise of aurora B as therapeutic target.
Leukemia. 27: 560-8.
Hartsink-Segers SA et al. (2013) Inhibiting Polo-like kinase 1 causes growth reduction and apoptosis in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells.
Haematologica. 98 (10): 1539-46.
Douglas, P. et al. (2015) Phosphorylation of SAF-A/hnRNP-U Serine 59 by Polo-Like Kinase 1 Is Required for Mitosis.
Mol Cell Biol. 35 (15): 2699-713.
- Serine/Threonine Kinase 15
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005876 spindle microtubule
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007051 spindle organization
- GO:0007067 mitosis
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0031616 spindle pole centrosome
- GO:0031647 regulation of protein stability
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051301 cell division
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up