Alpha A Crystallin antibody | c9F2
Besides the involvement of both alpha A and alpha B crystallin in the prevention of protein precipitation and cataract formation in the eye, alpha crystallins have also been demonstrated in other tissues including the heart, brain, kidney, spleen and thymus.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length (aa1-173) human crystallin alpha A.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0005212 structural constituent of eye lens
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007601 visual perception
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0032387 negative regulation of intracellular transport
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha A Crystallin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Andley UP et al. (1996) Cloning, expression, and chaperone-like activity of human alphaA-crystallin.
J Biol Chem. 271 (50): 31973-80.