Aggrecan antibody | 7E1
Filter by Application:IC Reset
Mouse anti Human Aggrecan
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human aggrecan antibody, clone 7E1 recognizes human aggrecan, a proteoglycan and member of the aggrecan/versican proteoglycan family, which forms a major component of the extracellular matrix (ECM) of both cartilage and the central nervous system (CNS).
A panel of core protein-directed antibodies against human aggrecan, revealed the distribution of different aggrecan isoforms within the CNS, and sub-divided the isoforms into clusters 1-5 accordingly. There is a difference in the relative abundance of these isoforms when comparing brain and cartilage tissues (Virgintino et al. 2009).
Mouse anti Human aggrecan antibody, clone 7E1 recognizes a ~205 kDa trypsin derived fragment of aggrecan.
Note: Originally described as being of the isotype IgM, clone 7E1 was found to be unstable and was re-cloned by the originator and the new stable sub-clone was confirmed as being an IgG1.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Chicken Fish Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Purified human articular cartilage aggrecan.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
References for Aggrecan antibody
Aigner, T. et al. (2002) Prognostic relevance of cell biologic and biochemical features in conventional chondrosarcomas.
Cancer. 94: 2273-81.
Mukherjee, D.P. et al. (2009) Effect of 3D-microstructure of bioabsorbable PGA:TMC scaffolds on the growth of chondrogenic cells.
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 88 (1): 92-102.
Virgintino, D. et al. (2009) Differential distribution of aggrecan isoforms in perineuronal nets of the human cerebral cortex.
J Cell Mol Med. 13 (9B): 3151-73.
Garciadiego-Cázares, D. et al. (2015) Regulation of α5 and αV Integrin Expression by GDF-5 and BMP-7 in Chondrocyte Differentiation and Osteoarthritis.
PLoS One. 10 (5): e0127166.
Wei, A. et al. (2016) Expression of growth differentiation factor 6 in the human developing fetal spine retreats from vertebral ossifying regions and is restricted to cartilaginous tissues.
J Orthop Res. 34 (2): 279-89.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- GO:0005529 sugar binding
- GO:0005540 hyaluronic acid binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up