Aggrecan antibody | 7E1
Studies using a panel of core protein-directed antibodies against human aggrecan, revealed the distribution of different aggrecan isoforms within the CNS, and sub-divided the isoforms into clusters 1-5 accordingly. These studies also showed a difference in the relative abundance of these isoforms when comparing brain and cartilage tissues (Virgintino et al. 2009).
Mouse anti Human aggrecan antibody, clone 7E1 recognizes a ~205 kDa trypsin derived fragment of aggrecan.
Note: Originally described as being of the isotype IgM, clone 7E1 was found to be unstable and was re-cloned by the originator and the new stable sub-clone was confirmed as being an IgG1.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Chicken Fish Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Purified human articular cartilage aggrecan.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- GO:0005529 sugar binding
- GO:0005540 hyaluronic acid binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- For research purposes only
Applications of Aggrecan antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Aggrecan antibody
Virgintino, D. et al. (2009) Differential distribution of aggrecan isoforms in perineuronal nets of the human cerebral cortex.
J Cell Mol Med. 13 (9B): 3151-73.
Aigner, T. et al. (2002) Prognostic relevance of cell biologic and biochemical features in conventional chondrosarcomas.
Cancer. 94: 2273-81.
Hashemi Beni, B. et al. (2008) Induction of Chondrogenic Differentiation of Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells with TGF-β3 in Pellet Culture System
Iranian J basic Med Res. 11: 10-17
Garciadiego-Cázares, D. et al. (2015) Regulation of α5 and αV Integrin Expression by GDF-5 and BMP-7 in Chondrocyte Differentiation and Osteoarthritis.
PLoS One. 10 (5): e0127166.
Mukherjee, D.P. et al. (2009) Effect of 3D-microstructure of bioabsorbable PGA:TMC scaffolds on the growth of chondrogenic cells.
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 88 (1): 92-102.
Wei, A. et al. (2016) Expression of growth differentiation factor 6 in the human developing fetal spine retreats from vertebral ossifying regions and is restricted to cartilaginous tissues.
J Orthop Res. 34 (2): 279-89.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra