CD268 / BAFF-R antibody | 2C4
Chicken BAFF-R (B cell activating factor receptor) differs from mammalian BAFF-R in that it is produced in B-cells (Reddy et al. 2008) and is not expressed by chicken T-cells. In addition to chicken, clone 2C4 has been shown to cross react with several other commercially important avian species and as such is a specific marker of B-cells for research in domestic galliforms.
Mouse anti Chicken CD268 / BAFF-R, clone 2C4 is unique in that it can be used in formalin fixed paraffin embbeded tissues and is therefore of particular use on sections from infection studies.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Turkey Quail Duck
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Chicken BAFF-R transfected HEK293 cells
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD268 / BAFF-R antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10μl of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Chicken Bu-1A:FITC||MCA2170F||F||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Chicken Bu-1a/b||MCA5764||C F IP||0.25 mg|
|Mouse anti Guinea Fowl Bu-1a/b||MCA5958GA||C IP WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
Reddy, S.K. et al. (2008) The BAFF-Interacting receptors of chickens.
Dev Comp Immunol. 32 (9): 1076-87.
Kothlow, S. et al. (2010) Prolonged effect of BAFF on chicken B cell development revealed by RCAS retroviral gene transfer in vivo.
Mol Immunol. 47 (7-8): 1619-28.
Schneider, K. et al. (2004) Chicken BAFF--a highly conserved cytokine that mediates B cell survival.
Int Immunol. 16 (1): 139-48.
Koskela, K. et al. (2004) Chicken B-cell-activating factor: regulator of B-cell survival in the bursa of fabricius.
Scand J Immunol. 59 (5): 449-57.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra