IL-5 antibody | TRFK5
|Rat anti mouse IL-5, clone TRFK5 recognizes mouse interleukin-5. IL-5 is a regulatory cytokine that induces terminal differentiation of late-developing B-cells to immunoglobulin secreting cells.
Rat anti mouse IL-5, clone TRFK5 may be used to neutralize IL-5 bioactivity in a functional assay (Schumacher. et al. 1988) and Abrams et al. 1992).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Pig Guinea Pig
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Purified natural murine IL-5
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
References for IL-5 antibody
Schumacher, J.H. et al. (1988) The characterization of four monoclonal antibodies specific for mouse IL-5 and development of mouse and human IL-5 enzyme-linked immunosorbent.
J Immunol. 141 (5): 1576-81.
Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples.
Immunol Rev. 127: 5-24.
Röcken, M. et al. (1992) Central role for TCR/CD3 ligation in the differentiation of CD4+ T cells toward A Th1 or Th2 functional phenotype.
J Immunol. 148 (1): 47-54.
Betz, M. & Fox, B.S. (1990) Regulation and development of cytochrome c-specific IL-4-producing T cells.
J Immunol. 145 (4): 1046-52.
Akdis, C.A. et al. (1996) Epitope-specific T cell tolerance to phospholipase A2 in bee venom immunotherapy and recovery by IL-2 and IL-15 in vitro.
J Clin Invest. 98 (7): 1676-83.
Portanova, J.P. et al. (1995) Rapid and selective induction of blood eosinophilia in guinea pigs by recombinant human interleukin 5.
Cytokine. 7 (8): 775-83.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0050731 positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up