Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-2 antibody, clone JES6-5H4
recognizes natural and recombinant murine IL-2.
Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-2 antibody, clone JES6-5H4 does not function as a blocking antibody (Sander et al. 1993
). For neutralization of murine IL-2 we recommend the use of Rat anti Mouse IL-2 antibody, clone JES6-1A12 (MCA1493
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant Mouse IL-2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse P3.X63 Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-2 receptor binding
growth factor activity
positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
regulation of T cell homeostatic proliferation
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
negative regulation of lymphocyte proliferation
negative regulation of inflammatory response
positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-2 antibody
|Flow Cytometry 1
- 1Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm (BUF09) for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-2 antibody
Tachibana, M. et al. (2000) Coreceptor function of mutant human CD4 molecules without affinity to gp120 of human immunodeficiency virus.
J Biol Chem. 275 (27): 20288-94.
Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples.
Immunol Rev. 127: 5-24.
Pletinckx, K. et al. (2015) Immature dendritic cells convert anergic nonregulatory T cells into Foxp3- IL-10+ regulatory T cells by engaging CD28 and CTLA-4.
Eur J Immunol. 45 (2): 480-91.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra