CD9 antibody | MF1
Filter by Application:F WB Reset
|Rat anti Mouse CD9 antibody, clone MF1 recognizes mouse CD9, a ~25 kDa member of the tetraspanin family of transmembrane proteins. The tetraspanin family are multifunctional molecules which bind to a wide range of transmembrane proteins and intracellular signalling molecules. Tetraspanins facilitate the formation of molecular complexes which play a role in cell activation, proliferation, motility, fusion and apoptosis.
CD9 is ubiquitously expressed, with high levels found on platelets and in male reproductive tissues. In mouse haematopoietic tissues, CD9 is expressed by myeloid and stromal cells. CD9 is known to complex with integrins and other transmembrane proteins. It can modulate cell adhesion and migration and also trigger platelet activation and aggregation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- MCA2749GA: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- MCA2749: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2749 detects a band of approximately 25kDa in cell lysates.
References for CD9 antibody
Etzerodt, A. et al. (2017) Soluble ectodomain CD163 and extracellular vesicle-associated CD163 are two differently regulated forms of 'soluble CD163' in plasma.
Sci Rep. 7: 40286.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0007342 fusion of sperm to egg plasma membrane
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030913 paranodal junction assembly
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up