TNF Alpha antibody | MP9-20A4
Filter by Application:F P Reset
Rat anti Human TNF Alpha
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- TNF Alpha
|Rat anti Human TNF alpha antibody, clone MP9-20A4 recognizes human tumor Necrosis Factor - alpha (TNF alpha), also known as TNFSF2. This ~17kDa cytokine is expressed by activated macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T cells and NK cells.
Rat anti Human TNF alpha antibody, clone MP9-20A4 is reported to act as a blocking antibody (Abrams et al. 2001).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10μl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100μl
References for TNF Alpha antibody
Butler, D.M. et al. (1997) DBA/1 mice expressing the human TNF-alpha transgene develop a severe, erosive arthritis: characterization of the cytokine cascade and cellular composition.
J Immunol. 159 (6): 2867-76.
Abrams, J.S. (2001) Immunoenzymetric assay of mouse and human cytokines using NIP-labeled anti-cytokine antibodies.
Curr Protoc Immunol. Chapter 6: Unit 6.20.
Evans HG et al. (2009) In vivo activated monocytes from the site of inflammation in humans specifically promote Th17 responses.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106 (15): 6232-7.
Vujanovic, L. et al. (2010) Virally infected and matured human dendritic cells activate natural killer cells via cooperative activity of plasma membrane-bound TNF and IL-15.
Blood. 116: 575-83.
Kumagai, M. et al. (2012) Effective transgene expression without toxicity by intraperitoneal administration of PEG-detachable polyplex micelles in mice with peritoneal dissemination.
J Control Release. 160 (3): 542-51.
Poussin C et al. (2014) Mechanism of an indirect effect of aqueous cigarette smoke extract on the adhesion of monocytic cells to endothelial cells in an in vitro assay revealed by transcriptomics analysis.
Toxicol In Vitro. 28 (5): 896-908.
Mann, E.R. et al. (2016) Compartment-specific immunity in the human gut: properties and functions of dendritic cells in the colon versus the ileum.
Gut. 65 (2): 256-70.
Kobawala TP et al. (2016) Significance of TNF-α and the Adhesion Molecules: L-Selectin and VCAM-1 in Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma.
J Thyroid Res. 2016: 8143695.
View The Latest Product References
Kadowaki, N. et al. (2000) Natural interferon alpha/beta-producing cells link innate and adaptive immunity.
J Exp Med. 192 (2): 219-26.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000060 protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0000185 activation of MAPKKK activity
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0001891 phagocytic cup
- GO:0002439 chronic inflammatory response to antigenic stimulus
- GO:0002740 negative regulation of cytokine secretion involved in immune response
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0006927 transformed cell apoptosis
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0009651 response to salt stress
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0030730 sequestering of triglyceride
- GO:0031334 positive regulation of protein complex assembly
- GO:0031622 positive regulation of fever generation
- GO:0032582 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0032715 negative regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032722 positive regulation of chemokine production
- GO:0032800 receptor biosynthetic process
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0033209 tumor necrosis factor-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0034116 positive regulation of heterotypic cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0042346 positive regulation of NF-kappaB import into nucleus
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043243 positive regulation of protein complex disassembly
- GO:0045071 negative regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0045080 positive regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045121 membrane raft
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045672 positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050715 positive regulation of cytokine secretion
- GO:0050901 leukocyte tethering or rolling
- GO:0050995 negative regulation of lipid catabolic process
- GO:0051044 positive regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- GO:0055037 recycling endosome
- GO:0060555 induction of necroptosis by extracellular signals
- GO:0060557 positive regulation of vitamin D biosynthetic process
- GO:0060559 positive regulation of calcidiol 1-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0061048 negative regulation of branching involved in lung morphogenesis
- GO:0070265 necrotic cell death
- GO:0070374 positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up