Omalizumab antibody | AbD20760
Human anti Omalizumab (Drug/Target Complex)
Anti-omalizumab drug-target complex antibody specifically recognizes the omalizumab-hIgE complex exclusively and detects omalizumab or biosimilars only when bound to human IgE. This antibody is in monovalent Fab format and is suitable for a PK antigen capture format assay to detect bound drug.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab monovalent
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Allergic asthma is mediated by IgE released by B cells in response to allergen. Circulating IgE binds to the high-affinity IgE Fc receptor (FcεRI) expressed on basophils and mast cells, triggering the release of histamine, leukotrienes and other mediators associated with the pathophysiology of asthma. Omalizumab is directed against the Fc region of human immunoglobulin E (IgE). By binding to circulating IgE at the site of FcεRI binding, this therapeutic antibody prevents the interaction of IgE with its receptor thus limiting mediator release. Treatment with omalizumab has also been demonstrated to reduce the expression of FcεRI on mast cells and basophils, providing additional clinical benefit.
Human anti Omalizumab, clone AbD20760 is a Type 3 anti-idiotypic antibody that binds specifically to the drug/IgE complex. Clone AbD20760 does not recognise free omalizumab or free human IgE. Clone AbD20760 may be used to detect omalizumab captured via immobilized human IgE or to measure the level of drug/IgE complex in serum from patients.
Other Type 3 (HCA237) and Type 1 (HCA235, HCA236) antibodies to omalizumab are also available from Bio-Rad in IgG1 and Fab formats. This range of anti omalizumab antibodies forms part of a wider and expanding portfolio of anti-idiotypic antibodies that have been developed for the detection of biotherapeutics.
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of HCA238 was measured as Kd = 0.58 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized omalizumab in complex with human IgE.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Omalizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used in an indirect ELISA to detect the omalizumab/IgE complex or to detect omalizumab bound to immobilized IgE.
Protocol: PK antigen capture ELISA to measure bound drug exclusively
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|Human anti Omalizumab||HCA235||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Omalizumab||HCA236||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Omalizumab (Drug/Target Complex)||HCA237||E||0.1 mg|
|Rat anti DYKDDDDK Tag:HRP||MCA4764P||E P WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
Product Specific References
References for Omalizumab antibody
Harth, S. et al. (2019) Generation by phage display and characterization of drug-target complex-specific antibodies for pharmacokinetic analysis of biotherapeutics.
MAbs. 11 (1): 178-90.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra