Natalizumab antibody | AbD21375
Human anti Natalizumab
Anti-natalizumab antibody is a recombinant, neutralizing anti-idiotypic antibody in monovalent Fab format; it is ideal for bioanalytical assay development to measure levels of natalizumab or biosimilars. It is recommended as capture antibody in PK bridging ELISA with HCA249/HCA249P.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab monovalent
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Natalizumab, marketed under the brand name Tysabri®, is a humanized IgG4/kappa monoclonal antibody approved as a monotherapy for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis and for the treatment of Crohn’s disease. Natalizumab is also being evaluated for potential clinical use in the treatment of B-cell malignancies. This therapeutic antibody, directed against alpha-4 integrin (CD49d), binds to alpha-4/beta-1 integrin on the surface of circulating leucocytes. It is believed to act by blocking the interaction of alpha-4/beta-1 integrin with vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1), preventing the adherence and transport of inflammatory immune cells across the intestinal lining and blood-brain barrier.
Clone AbD21375 is one of a range of Type 1 (HCA249, HCA250), anti-idiotypic antibodies to natalizumab available from Bio-Rad and forms part of a wider and expanding portfolio of anti-idiotypic antibodies that have been developed for the detection of biotherapeutics.
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD = 2.1 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized natalizumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. Tysabri® is a registered trademark Biogen Idec and Elan.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Natalizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used in a either a direct ELISA or indirect ELISA both as a capture reagent and as a detection reagent.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||50 ml||E IY|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK001P||1 Conjugation For 400µg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK003P||1 Conjugation For 4mg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK004P||5 Conjugations For 4mg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK005P||1 Conjugation For 20mg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK006P||3 Conjugations For 40µg Antibody||CJ|
|Rat anti DYKDDDDK Tag:HRP||MCA4764P||0.1 mg||E P WB|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||125 µl||E WB|
|Mouse anti Human IgG (Fc) CH2 Domain:HRP||MCA647P||0.2 mg||C* E|