Natalizumab antibody | AbD21375
Human anti Natalizumab
Anti-natalizumab antibody is a recombinant, neutralizing anti-idiotypic antibody in monovalent Fab format; it is ideal for bioanalytical assay development to measure levels of natalizumab or biosimilars. It is recommended as capture antibody in PK bridging ELISA with HCA249/HCA249P.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab monovalent
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
A pair of anti-natalizumab antibodies can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging assay to measure free drug. This antibody, in monovalent Fab format, is recommended as a capture antibody, paired with an HRP conjugated Anti-Natalizumab Antibody in full immunoglobulin format, clone AbD21375_hlgG1 (HCA249) as the detection antibody.
Natalizumab (Tysabri) is a humanized IgG4/kappa monoclonal antibody approved as a monotherapy for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis and for the treatment of Crohn’s disease. It is directed against alpha-4 integrin (CD49d), and binds to alpha-4/beta-1 integrin on the surface of circulating leucocytes, except neutrophils. It is believed to act by blocking the interaction of alpha-4/beta-1 integrin with vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1), preventing the adherence and transport of inflammatory immune cells across the intestinal lining and blood-brain barrier.
View a summary of all anti-natalizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD = 2.1 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized natalizumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Pack Size: 0.1 mgAntibody concentration 0.5 mg/mlPack Size: 1 mgAntibody concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. Tysabri® is a registered trademark Biogen Idec and Elan.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Natalizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used in a either a direct ELISA or indirect ELISA both as a capture reagent and as a detection reagent.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|Human anti Natalizumab||HCA249||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Natalizumab||HCA250||E||0.1 mg|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
|Rat anti DYKDDDDK Tag:HRP||MCA4764P||E P WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra