Rat anti Mouse TIM-4 antibody, clone RMT4-54
recognizes mouse Tim-4 (T-cell immunoglobulin mucin 4), a transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, exclusively expressed by antigen-presenting cells, which acts as the natural ligand of Tim-1, involved in T-cell expansion and cytokine production.
Tim-4 is reported to be crucial for the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by peritoneal macrophages, and studies have shown that interaction between Tim-1 on Th2 cells and Tim-4 on DCs, enhances Th2 cell function. The TIM-4 gene locus is associated with predisposition to asthma in both mice and humans and may be considered as a candidate disease gene for asthma.
Clone RMT4-54 significantly inhibits the efficient phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by PRMs (peritoneal resident Mac1+
cells), but not PEMs (peritoneal exudate Mac1+
cells) (Nakayama, M. et al. 2009
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Tim-4-Ig, consisting of amino acids 1-288 of mouse Tim-4, coupled with the Fc portion of mouse IgG2a.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Lymph node cells from immunised SD rats were fused with cells of the P3U1 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TIM-4 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse spleen
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for TIM-4 antibody
Nakayama, M. et al. (2009) Tim-3 mediates phagocytosis of apoptotic cells and cross-presentation.
Blood. 113 (16): 3821-30.
Freeman, G.J. et al. (2010) TIM genes: a family of cell surface phosphatidylserine receptors that regulate innate and adaptive immunity.
Immunol Rev. 235 (1): 172-89.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra