CD98 antibody | H202-5188.8.131.52
CD98 constitutes the heavy chain of the complex and is required for the surface expression and basolateral localization of the amino acid transporter complex in polarized epithelial cells. The CD98 heavy chain also interacts with beta 1 integrins and regulates their activation through the cytoplasmic domains and transmembrane regions. Studies suggest that overexpression of CD98 may contribute to cell growth and survival by regulating integrin signalling, and therefore may play an important role in tumorigenesis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Thymic epithelial cells from mouse.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003824 catalytic activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005975 carbohydrate metabolic process
- GO:0015175 neutral amino acid transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0015827 tryptophan transport
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0043169 cation binding
- GO:0060356 leucine import
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD98 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry||Neat Pack Size: 0.25 mg
1/20 Pack Size: 0.1 mg
|1/50 Pack Size: 0.25 mg
1/200 Pack Size: 0.1 mg
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||C E IF P WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||C E P RE||1 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||F||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||C E P||0.5 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||F||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
References for CD98 antibody
Kang, Y.S. et al. (2009) Clathrin-independent internalization of normal cellular prion protein in neuroblastoma cells is associated with the Arf6 pathway.
J Cell Sci. 122: 4062-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra