CD88 antibody | 10/92
Filter by Application:F Reset
|Rat anti Mouse CD88 antibody, clone 10/92 recognizes murine CD88, a 45 kDa G-protein coupled cell surface receptor, otherwise known as C5aR. The CD88 molecule functions as a receptor for the complement component C5a, a potent proinflammatory molecule and chemoattractant for neutrophils to sites of infection. In mouse, CD88 is expressed on granulocytes, monocytes and macrophages but not on resting or stimulated lymphocytes.
Rat anti Mouse CD88 antibody, clone 10/92 does not block the binding of the C5a to murine CD88 (Souri et al. 2003).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- RBL-2H3 transfected cells expressing murine C5aR.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cells from immunised Lou/c rats were fused with cells of the X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Method sheets available on request.
References for CD88 antibody
Soruri, A. et al. (2003) Characterization of C5aR expression on murine myeloid and lymphoid cells by the use of a novel monoclonal antibody.
Immunol Lett. 88:47-52.
Shagdarsuren, E. et al. (2010) C5a Receptor Targeting in Neointima Formation After Arterial Injury in Atherosclerosis-Prone Mice.
Circulation. 122: 1026-36.
Manthey, H.D. et al. (2011) Complement C5a inhibition reduces atherosclerosis in ApoE-/- mice.
FASEB J. 25: 2447-55.
Cudaback, E. et al. (2011) Apolipoprotein E isoform-dependent microglia migration.
FASEB J. 25: 2082-91.
Ager, R.R. et al. (2010) Microglial C5aR (CD88) expression correlates with amyloid-beta deposition in murine models of Alzheimer's disease.
J Neurochem. 113: 389-401
Brennan, F.H. et al. (2015) The Complement Receptor C5aR Controls Acute Inflammation and Astrogliosis following Spinal Cord Injury.
J Neurosci. 35 (16): 6517-31.
Li, R. et al. (2013) C5L2: a controversial receptor of complement anaphylatoxin, C5a.
FASEB J. 27 (3): 855-64.
Denny, K.J. et al. (2013) C5a receptor signaling prevents folate deficiency-induced neural tube defects in mice.
J Immunol. 190 (7): 3493-9.
View The Latest Product References
Pavlovski, D. et al. (2012) Generation of complement component C5a by ischemic neurons promotes neuronal apoptosis.
FASEB J. 26 (9): 3680-90.
Benson, M.J. et al. (2017) The effects of C5aR1 on leukocyte infiltration following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus.
Epilepsia. 58 (4): e54-e58.
Ramstead, A.G. et al. (2016) Roles of Toll-Like Receptor 2 (TLR2), TLR4, and MyD88 during Pulmonary Coxiella burnetii Infection.
Infect Immun. 84 (4): 940-9.
Benson, M.J. et al. (2015) A novel anticonvulsant mechanism via inhibition of complement receptor C5ar1 in murine epilepsy models.
Neurobiol Dis. 76: 87-97.
Hernandez, M.X. et al. (2017) C5a Increases the Injury to Primary Neurons Elicited by Fibrillar Amyloid Beta.
ASN Neuro. 9 (1): 1759091416687871.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004944 C5a anaphylatoxin receptor activity
- GO:0050830 defense response to Gram-positive bacterium
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010759 positive regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
- GO:0030593 neutrophil chemotaxis
- GO:0032494 response to peptidoglycan
- GO:0045766 positive regulation of angiogenesis
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0090023 positive regulation of neutrophil chemotaxis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up