CD36 antibody | MF3
Filter by Application:F BA P Reset
|Rat anti Mouse CD36 antibody, clone MF3 recognizes mouse CD36, also known as platelet glycoprotein 4, glycoprotein IIIb or PAS IV. CD36 is an ~85 kDa multipass transmembrane glycoprotein primarily expressed on platelets, monocytes/macrophages, smooth muscle and endothelial cells. The CD36 molecule is type B scavenger receptor, which binds to multiple ligands including thrombospondin, anionic phospholipids, oxidized low density lipoproteins and long chain fatty acids.
CD36 has diverse functions and is reported to play a role in innate immunity, platelet adhesion/aggregation and long chain fatty acid transport. The CD36 molecule also directly mediates cytoadhesion of erythrocytes infected with Plasmodium falciparum, and may be involved in the development of atherosclerotic lesions and the formation of foam cells.
Rat anti Mouse CD36 antibody, clone MF3 has been shown to inhibit IL-4 induced thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophage fusion and significantly block IL-4/GM-CSF-induced bone-marrorw derived macrophage fusion.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- IL-4 treated murine thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophages
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised DA rats were fused with cells of the Y3Ag 1.2.3 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
References for CD36 antibody
Helming, L. et al. (2009) The scavenger receptor CD36 plays a role in cytokine-induced macrophage fusion.
J Cell Sci. 122 (Pt 4): 453-9.
Mwaikambo, B.R. et al. (2009) Hypoxia up-regulates CD36 expression and function via hypoxia-inducible factor-1- and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent mechanisms.
J Biol Chem. 284: 26695-707.
Yang, C.N. et al. (2011) Mechanism mediating oligomeric Aβ clearance by naïve primary microglia.
Neurobiol Dis. 42 (3): 221-30.
Seeds, R.E. et al. (2011) The role of myeloid receptors on murine plasmacytoid dendritic cells in induction of type I interferon.
Int Immunopharmacol. 11: 794-801.
Samovski, D. et al. (2012) Insulin and AMPK regulate FA translocase/CD36 plasma membrane recruitment in cardiomyocytes via Rab GAP AS160 and Rab8a Rab GTPase.
J Lipid Res. 53 (4): 709-17.
Zhou, D. et al. (2012) CD36 level and trafficking are determinants of lipolysis in adipocytes.
FASEB J. 26 (11): 4733-42.
Nie, S. et al. (2015) Detection of atherosclerotic lesions and intimal macrophages using CD36-targeted nanovesicles.
J Control Release. pii: S0168-3659(15)30173-5.
Samovski, D. et al. (2015) Regulation of AMPK activation by CD36 links fatty acid uptake to β-oxidation.
Diabetes. 64 (2): 353-9.
View The Latest Product References
Pugholm, L.H. et al. (2015) Enhanced Humoral Responses Induced by Targeting of Antigen to Murine Dendritic Cells.
Scand J Immunol. 82 (6): 515-22.
Miyazaki H et al. (2014) Fatty acid binding protein 7 regulates phagocytosis and cytokine production in Kupffer cells during liver injury.
Am J Pathol. 184 (9): 2505-15.
Sui, Y. et al. (2018) Perinatal Bisphenol A Exposure Increases Atherosclerosis in Adult Male PXR-Humanized Mice.
Endocrinology. 159 (4): 1595-608.
Lund, H. et al. (2018) Competitive repopulation of an empty microglial niche yields functionally distinct subsets of microglia-like cells.
Nat Commun. 9 (1): 4845.
Dellinger, A. et al. (2013) Functionalization of gadolinium metallofullerenes for detecting atherosclerotic plaque lesions by cardiovascular magnetic resonance.
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 15: 7.
Zhang, J. et al. (2019) Anti-atherogenic effects of CD36-targeted epigallocatechin gallate-loaded nanoparticles.
J Control Release. 303: 263-73.
Dhanasekara, C.S. et al. (2021) Nanoparticles target intimal macrophages in atherosclerotic lesions.
Nanomedicine. 32: 102346.
Liu, J. et al. (2022) Pregnane X Receptor Mediates Atherosclerosis Induced by Dicyclohexyl Phthalate in LDL Receptor-Deficient Mice
Cells. 11 (7): 1125
- GPIV (IIIb)
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005041 low-density lipoprotein receptor activity
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0008289 lipid binding
- GO:0006910 phagocytosis, recognition
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0008035 high-density lipoprotein particle binding
- GO:0050830 defense response to Gram-positive bacterium
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010670 positive regulation of oxygen and reactive oxygen species metabolic process
- GO:0010671 negative regulation of oxygen and reactive oxygen species metabolic process
- GO:0010744 positive regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010886 positive regulation of cholesterol storage
- GO:0019915 lipid storage
- GO:0023048 signal initiation by lipid mediator
- GO:0030194 positive regulation of blood coagulation
- GO:0030301 cholesterol transport
- GO:0032735 positive regulation of interleukin-12 production
- GO:0032755 positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032760 positive regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0044130 negative regulation of growth of symbiont in host
- GO:0034383 low-density lipoprotein particle clearance
- GO:0035634 response to stilbenoid
- GO:0042953 lipoprotein transport
- GO:0042992 negative regulation of transcription factor import into nucleus
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043277 apoptotic cell clearance
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0043619 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter in response to oxidative stress
- GO:0045121 membrane raft
- GO:0050731 positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0051636 Gram-negative bacterial cell surface binding
- GO:0051637 Gram-positive bacterial cell surface binding
- GO:0060100 positive regulation of phagocytosis, engulfment
- GO:0060907 positive regulation of macrophage cytokine production
- GO:0070892 lipoteichoic acid receptor activity
- GO:0071221 cellular response to bacterial lipopeptide
- GO:0071222 cellular response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0071223 cellular response to lipoteichoic acid
- GO:0071447 cellular response to hydroperoxide
- GO:2000121 regulation of removal of superoxide radicals
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up