Rat anti Mouse CD253 antibody, clone N2B2
recognizes mouse CD253, also known as TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand or TRAIL, a member of the tumour necrosis factor ligand superfamily. When bound to the death receptors DR4 and DR5 caspase-8-dependent apoptosis is induced. However, CD253 might also be bound by the decoy receptor DcR1 which cannot induce apoptosis, and DcR2 which activates NF-kappa-B.
Rat anti Mouse CD253 antibody, clone N2B2 has been reported to block NK cell cytotoxicity in vitro
(Kayagaki et al. 1999
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Mouse CD253-transfected 2PK-3 cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Splenocytes from an immunized F344/DuCrj rat were fused with cells of the mouse P3U1 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD253 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
Kayagaki, N. et al. (1999) Expression and function of TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand on murine activated NK cells.
J Immunol. 163 (4): 1906-13.
References for CD253 antibody
Smyth, M.J. et al. (2003) Nature's TRAIL--on a path to cancer immunotherapy.
Immunity. 18 (1): 1-6.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra