ABCA1 antibody | 5A1-1422
Filter by Application:F Reset
|Rat anti Mouse ABCA1 antibody, clone 5A1.1422 recognizes murine adenosine triphosphate (ATP) Binding cassette transporter 1 (ABCA1). The ABC transporters are a large family of conserved proteins that transport a wide variety of molecules across cellular membranes. ABCA1 is a member of the ABC-A sub-family, which acts as a lipid translocator. The molecule was originally identified as a scavenger receptor on macrophages and research shows that ABCA1 also plays a major role in cholesterol metabolism. ABCA1 may play an important role in protecting against cardiovascular disease.
Mutations in ABCA1 gene have been associated with Tangier disease, a genetic disorder of lipid metabolism, and the more common Familial HDL deficiency, peresenting with many of the same symproms.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- ABCA1 transfected HeLa cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
References for ABCA1 antibody
Pradel, L.C. et al. (2009) ATP-binding cassette transporter hallmarks tissue macrophages and modulates cytokine-triggered polarization programs.
Eur J Immunol. 39 (8): 2270-80.
Wang, Y. et al. (2019) Smooth Muscle Cells Contribute the Majority of Foam Cells in ApoE (Apolipoprotein E)-Deficient Mouse Atherosclerosis.
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. : ATVBAHA119312434. [Epub ahead of print]
Zarubica, A. et al. (2007) ABCA1, from pathology to membrane function.
Pflugers Arch. 453 (5): 569-79.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002790 peptide secretion
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005548 phospholipid transporter activity
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006497 protein lipidation
- GO:0006911 phagocytosis, engulfment
- GO:0008203 cholesterol metabolic process
- GO:0008509 anion transmembrane transporter activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0016887 ATPase activity
- GO:0010875 positive regulation of cholesterol efflux
- GO:0017127 cholesterol transporter activity
- GO:0033344 cholesterol efflux
- GO:0033700 phospholipid efflux
- GO:0043691 reverse cholesterol transport
- GO:0045332 phospholipid translocation
- GO:0071222 cellular response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0071300 cellular response to retinoic acid
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up