p38 MAPK (pThr180/pTyr182) antibody
p38 MAPK is a serine/threonine kinase which plays an important role in signal transduction, contributing to the regulation of many cellular processes including cell differentiation and inflammation.
p38MAPK is activated by phosphorylation of threonine 180 and tyrosine 182, by several upstream kinases, in response to a wide range of extracellular stimuli such as UV B irradiation or endotoxin exposure.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chicken Expected from Sequence Zebrafish Expected from Sequence Human Bovine Expected from Sequence Monkey Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Newt
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to phosphorylated rat p38 MAPK were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to an amino acid sequence within p38 MAPK which includes phosphorylated threonine180 and tyrosine 182.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P70618 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Mapk14 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004707 MAP kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0009749 response to glucose stimulus
- GO:0044445 cytosolic part
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of p38 MAPK (pThr180/pTyr182) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Western Blotting
- AHP905 recognises a band of approximately 39kD in Western blots of anisomycin C-6 glioma cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for p38 MAPK (pThr180/pTyr182) antibody
Yun, M.H. et al. (2014) Sustained ERK activation underlies reprogramming in regeneration-competent salamander cells and distinguishes them from their mammalian counterparts.
Stem Cell Reports. 3: 15-23.
Suzuki, K. and Namiki, H. (2012) Restraint of spreading-dependent activation of polymorphonuclear leukocyte NADPH oxidase in an acidified environment.
J Cell Biochem. 113: 899-910.
Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) Pro-inflammatory cytokines and environmental stress cause p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation by dual phosphorylation on tyrosine and threonine.
J Biol Chem. 270 (13): 7420-6.