Rabbit anti Mouse G Protein alpha 0 antibody
recognizes the alpha subunit of murine Guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(o). Guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(o) is a 354 amino acid membrane associated protein of ~40 kDa forming a heterotrimeric protein complex with β and γ subunits. Two isoforms of the α subunit are generated by alternative splicing with a single amino acid substitution in the immunogen sequence (a lysine for an asparagine at position 346), it is not known whether this substitution affects the binding to isoform 2.
Rabbit anti Mouse G Protein alpha 0 antibody has been used successfully for the detection of G(o) in Drosophila
by western blotting (Guo et al. 2011
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acids 345 - 354 (C-ANNLRGCGLY) of the native isoform 1 molecule conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
heterotrimeric G-protein complex
signal transducer activity
dopamine receptor signaling pathway
regulation of heart contraction
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of G Protein Alpha 0 antibody
|Western Blotting 1
- 1This antibody detects band at 39 kDa when used under reducing conditions against rat brain.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for G Protein Alpha 0 antibody
Guo, F. et al. (2011) Go signaling in mushroom bodies regulates sleep in Drosophila.
Sleep. 34: 273-81.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra