Rabbit anti Human CD11c antibodydetects human CD11c, also known as integrin alpha X (ITGAX). Integrins are integral cell-surface proteins composed of an alpha chain and a beta chain. CD11c combines with the beta 2 chain (ITGB2) to form a leukocyte-specific integrin referred to as inactivated-C3b (iC3b) receptor 4 (CR4). CD11c is ~150 kDa in size, and is expressed predominantly on tissue macrophages and dendritic cells.
CD11c binds a myriad of ligands including cell adhesion molecules (e.g. ICAM-1, ICAM-4), bacterial cell wall components (LPS), complement protein (iC3b), and matrix proteins such as fibrinogen and collagen. In light of this, CD11c has a number of functions including phagocytosis, cell migration, and cytokine production by macrophages/monocytes, as well as induction of T cell proliferation by Langerhans cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD11c were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide: Internal domain of human CD11c, conjugated to KLH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD11c antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Tonsil, neutrophils.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for CD11c antibody
Cabañas, C. & Sánchez-madrid, F. (1999) CD11c (leukocyte integrin CR4 alpha subunit).
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 13 (2): 134-6.
Zang, Q. & Springer, T.A. (2001) Amino acid residues in the PSI domain and cysteine-rich repeats of the integrin beta2 subunit that restrain activation of the integrin alpha(X)beta(2).
J Biol Chem. 276 (10): 6922-9.
Campbell-thompson, M.L. et al. (2012) Staining protocols for human pancreatic islets.
J Vis Exp. (63): e4068.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra