Rabbit anti Human ACE2 antibody
recognizes human Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, also known as ACE2, ACE-related carboxypeptidase or Metalloprotease MPROT15. ACE2 is a 788 amino acid ~100 kDa carboxypeptidase expressed in a range of tissues including heart, kidney, testis and the gastrointestinal system.
ACE2 is a homologue of ACE (Angiotensin-converting enzyme 1), although it has a distinct catalytic activity. ACE2 catalyzes the cleavage of active angiotensin II into angiotensin 1-7, which may counteract the effects of ACE by increasing vasodilatation.
ACE2 serves as the cellular entry point for the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) virus, functioning as a receptor for the SARS Spike protein (Turner et al. 2004
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human ACE2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence within the amino terminus of human ACE2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
viral receptor activity
regulation of cytokine production
angiotensin catabolic process in blood
angiotensin-mediated drinking behavior
integral to membrane
oxygen and reactive oxygen species metabolic process
zinc ion binding
regulation of vasoconstriction
receptor biosynthetic process
regulation of cell proliferation
regulation of vasodilation
virion attachment, binding of host cell surface receptor
regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ACE2 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra