ACE2 is a homologue of ACE (Angiotensin-converting enzyme 1), although it has a distinct catalytic activity. ACE2 catalyzes the cleavage of active angiotensin II into angiotensin 1-7, which may counteract the effects of ACE by increasing vasodilatation.
ACE2 serves as the cellular entry point for the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) virus, functioning as a receptor for the SARS Spike protein (Turner et al. 2004).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human ACE2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence within the amino terminus of human ACE2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001618 viral receptor activity
- GO:0001817 regulation of cytokine production
- GO:0001948 glycoprotein binding
- GO:0002005 angiotensin catabolic process in blood
- GO:0003051 angiotensin-mediated drinking behavior
- GO:0004180 carboxypeptidase activity
- GO:0008237 metallopeptidase activity
- GO:0008241 peptidyl-dipeptidase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006800 oxygen and reactive oxygen species metabolic process
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0019229 regulation of vasoconstriction
- GO:0032800 receptor biosynthetic process
- GO:0042127 regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042312 regulation of vasodilation
- GO:0045121 membrane raft
- GO:0046813 virion attachment, binding of host cell surface receptor
- GO:0050727 regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
Applications of ACE2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|