Rabbit anti Bovine MCP-1 antibody recognizes bovine monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1), also known as C-C motif chemokine 2 (CCL2). Bovine MCP-1 is a 99 amino acid, 11.1 kDa secreted protein.
The chemokine MCP-1 is expressed by a range of cells including monocytes, vascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, glomerular mesangial cells and osteoblasts.
MCP-1 is thought to play an important role in the inflammatory response of blood monocytes and tissue macrophages.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to bovine MCP-1 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant bovine MCP-1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.8 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MCP-1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product may be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA together with AHP2367B as the detection reagent. Recombinant bovine MCP-1 (PBP024) may be used as a standard.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra