Epstein-Barr Virus LMP2A antibody | 15F9
EBV latently infects B lymphocytes. Infected B cells express EBV nuclear antigens and latent proteins LMP1, LMP2A and LMP2B. LMP2A forms aggregates in the plasma membranes of B lymphocytes, where it functions as a negative regulator of the Src and Syk protein tyrosine kinases.
Studies show that LMP2A blocks B-cell receptor (BCR) signal transduction in EBV immortalized B cells in vitro and may play an important role in maintaining a latent EBV infection within the peripheral blood B cells of infected individuals.
Rat anti Epstein-Barr Virus LMP2A antibody, clone 15F9 (MCA2467) specifically recognizes LMP2A and does not cross react with LMP2B.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Bacterial TrpE-LMP2A fusion protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Lou/c rats were fused with cells of the P3X63.Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Epstein-Barr Virus LMP2A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||C E IF P WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||C E P RE||1 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||F||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||C E P||0.5 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||F||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Epstein-Barr Virus LMP2A antibody
Niedobitek, G. et al. (1997) Immunohistochemical detection of the Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein 2A in Hodgkin's disease and infectious mononucleosis.
Blood. 90 (4): 1664-72.
Lung, R.W. et al. (2009) Modulation of LMP2A expression by a newly identified Epstein-Barr virus-encoded microRNA miR-BART22.
Neoplasia. 11: 1174-84.
Serafini, B. et al. (2010) Epstein-Barr virus latent infection and BAFF expression in B cells in the multiple sclerosis brain: implications for viral persistence and intrathecal B-cell activation.
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 69: 677-93.
Deshpande, C.G. et al. (2002) Lack of expression of the Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) gene products, EBERs, EBNA1, LMP1, and LMP2A, in breast cancer cells.
Lab Invest. 82: 1193-9.
Serafini, B. et al. (2017) Massive intracerebral Epstein-Barr virus reactivation in lethal multiple sclerosis relapse after natalizumab withdrawal.
J Neuroimmunol. 307: 14-17.
Lan, Y.Y. et al. (2012) Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 2A promotes invasion of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells through ERK/Fra-1-mediated induction of matrix metalloproteinase 9.
J Virol. 86 (12): 6656-67.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra