TOPBP1 antibody | E03/6C8
Mouse anti TOPBP1
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
|Mouse anti TOPBP1 antibody recognizes DNA topoisomerase 2-binding protein 1 (TOPBP1). TOPBP1 is a large, non-enzymatic scaffold protein that plays essential roles in many cellular processes including DNA repair, replication, and transcription. The nine BRCT domains of TOPBP1 allow TOPBP1 to bind to numerous interacting proteins (Moudry et al. 2016). TOPBP1 mediates the response to DNA damage through binding to MDC1. This binding allows TOPBP1 recruitment to double-strand breaks (DSBs) in mitosis (Leimbacher et al. 2019). The role of TOPBP1 in DNA processing during mitosis is important for genome integrity, preventing DNA damage from being passed to daughter cells (Gallina et al. 2016). Due to its role in genome integrity, it is unsurprising that dysregulation of TOPBP1 has been identified in cancer. For example, TOPBP1 has been found to be elevated in a range of sarcoma types. In osteosarcoma, TOPBP1 appears to contribute to cancer cell survival and chemoresistance to doxorubicin and cisplatin (Wu et al. 2017). In non-small cell lung cancer, TOPBP1 contributes to chemoresistance by upregulating the transcription factor p53 (Lv et al. 2016).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti TOPBP1 detects a band of approximately 198 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1097-1522 of human TOPBP1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up