Prkra antibody | AB01/1C8
Filter by Application:WB IP Reset
|Mouse anti PRKRA antibody recognizes interferon-inducible double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase activator A, also known as PACT and RAX.
PRKRA is a double-stranded RNA binding protein that plays a role in the innate immune response to viral infection (Iwamura et al. 2001). In the host-influenza A interaction, the antiviral activity of PRKRA comes from its ability to inhibit viral polymerase (Chan et al. 2018). A specific mutation in PRKRA is a risk factor for dystonia (Camargos et al. 2008). PRKRA activates PKR (Patel and Sen 1998), and PKR modulation has been suggested as an antitumor strategy due to its effects on apoptosis and proliferation (Xu et al. 2012).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti PRKRA detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-313 of human PRKRA
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003725 double-stranded RNA binding
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008047 enzyme activator activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030422 production of siRNA involved in RNA interference
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up