IL-4 antibody | MP4-25D2
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Rat anti Human Interleukin-4 antibody, clone MP4-25D2 recognizes human Interleukin-4 (IL-4), also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 1, Binetrakin, Pitrakinra or Lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1. Interleukin-4 is a 153 amino acid ~17kDa cytokine involved in the activation of B cells, macrophages and monocytes (
Polymorphisms in the IL-4 gene are associated with susceptibility to, and outcome of ischemic stroke (Marousi et al. 2011).
Rat anti Human Interleukin-4 antibody, clone MP4-25D2 is reported to neutralize IL-4 activity (Abrams et al. 1992 and Carvalho et al. 1994).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rhesus Monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Purified CHO cell expressed recombinant human IL-4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/10||1/50|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
References for IL-4 antibody
Krohn, A.J. et al. (1998) Staurosporine-induced apoptosis of cultured rat hippocampal neurons involves caspase-1-like proteases as upstream initiators and increased production of superoxide as a main downstream effector.
J Neurosci. 18 (20): 8186-97.
Kubota, M. et al. (1997) Oral immunization with simian immunodeficiency virus p55gag and cholera toxin elicits both mucosal IgA and systemic IgG immune responses in nonhuman primates.
J Immunol. 158 (11): 5321-9.
Patterson, B.K. et al. (2001) Leukemia inhibitory factor inhibits HIV-1 replication and is upregulated in placentae from nontransmitting women.
J Clin Invest. 107 (3): 287-94.
Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples.
Immunol Rev. 127: 5-24.
Carvalho, E.M. et al. (1994) Restoration of IFN-gamma production and lymphocyte proliferation in visceral leishmaniasis.
J Immunol. 152 (12): 5949-56.
P, M. et al. (2004) Tumor-derived MUC1 mucins interact with differentiating monocytes and induce IL-10highIL-12low regulatory dendritic cell.
J Immunol. 172 (12): 7341-9.
Raulf-Heimsoth, M. (2008) T cell - primary culture from peripheral blood.
Methods Mol Med. 138: 17-30.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005136 interleukin-4 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008203 cholesterol metabolic process
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0042092 type 2 immune response
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045189 connective tissue growth factor biosynthetic process
- GO:0045348 positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
- GO:0045671 negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048295 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up