IL-2 antibody | MQ1-17H12
Filter by Application:F E Reset
|Rat anti Human Interleukin-2 antibody, clone MQ1-17H12 recognizes human interleukin-2 (IL-2), also known as T-cell growth factor or Aldesleukin. IL-2 is a 153 amino acid secreted cytokine produced by T-cells following antigenic or mitogenic stimulation. It plays a crucial role in T-cell proliferation and immune regulation.
Rat anti Human Interleukin-2 antibody, clone MQ1-17H12 has been sucessfully used for the detection and measurement of native and recombinant human IL-2 using flow cytometry and ELISA where it ascts as the capture reagent in a very sensitive assay for IL-2 determination in human samples. IL-2 is used extensively for the treatment of patients with metastatic melanoma (Atkins et al. 1999) and renal cancer with reproducible benificial effects (Rosenberg 2014). Monitoring of IL-2 levels in such patients is required for optimization of treatment regimens (Lotze et al. 1986). Rat anti Human Interleukin-2 antibody, clone MQ1-17H12 is also useful for evaluating levels of IL-2 in patients with autoimmune conditions including lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis where there may be an impaired ability to produce IL-2 (Talal et al. 1983).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Cynomolgus monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
- 1Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommend the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
References for IL-2 antibody
Garbe, Y. et al. (2011) Semiallogenic fusions of MSI(+) tumor cells and activated B cells induce MSI-specific T cell responses.
BMC Cancer. 11: 410.
Moncrieffe, H. et al. (2010) High expression of the ectonucleotidase CD39 on T cells from the inflamed site identifies two distinct populations, one regulatory and one memory T cell population.
J Immunol. 185 (1): 134-43.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002903 negative regulation of B cell apoptosis
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005134 interleukin-2 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0019209 kinase activator activity
- GO:0030101 natural killer cell activation
- GO:0030217 T cell differentiation
- GO:0030307 positive regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up