Rat anti Human HLA DR antibody, clone YD1/63.4.10 recognizes a monomorphic determinant of human HLA DR which is an MHC class II cell surface receptor expressed primarily on antigen presenting cells such as B lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages and activated T lymphocytes.
The major histocompatibility complex (MHC) is a cluster of genes that are important in the immune response to infections. In humans, this complex is referred to as the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) region. There are 3 major MHC class II proteins encoded by the HLA which are HLA DP, HLA DQ and HLA DR.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- DAUDI cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells of immunised DA rats were fused with cells of the Y3 Ag.1.2.3 Rat myeloma line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of HLA DR antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
- 1The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells or 100ul human whole blood.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for HLA DR antibody
Janossy, G. et al. (1980) Standardization of monoclonal antibodies for clinical studies in leukaemia/lymphoma.
Protides Biol Fluid Proc Colloq. 28:523-527.
Pawelec, G. et al. (1982) Long-term culture, cloning, and surface markers of mixed leukocyte culture-derived human T lymphocytes with natural killer-like cytotoxicity.
J Immunol. 128(4):1892-1896.