HER2/neu antibody | ICR55
Filter by Application:F Reset
Rat anti Human HER2/neu
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Rat anti Human HER2/neu antibody, clone ICR55 recognizes epitope E of human HER2/neu, otherwise known as CD340 and c-ErbB-2, a proto-oncogene expressed at the cell surface of a range of tumor cells, often associated with poor prognosis, and an increased risk of metastasis.
HER2/neu is used in conjunction with antibodies recognizing both Estrogen and Progesterone receptors, for the classification of breast cancer tumors, and to determine patient prognosis and course of treatment.
Excessive HER2/neu is present in around 20% to 25% of invasive breast cancers, referred to as HER2-positive cancer, and can help determine whether drugs such as trastuzumab (Herceptin) or lapatinib (Tykerb), might be beneficial.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- MCA1788T: Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- MCA1788: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10μl of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100μl
References for HER2/neu antibody
Dean, C.J. et al. (1993) Rat MAbs to the product of the c-erbB-2 proto-oncogene for diagnosis and therapy in breast cancer.
Cell Biophys. 22 (1-3): 111-27.
Shah, A.J. et al. (2014) Non-invasive molecular profiling of cancer using photoacoustic imaging of functionalized gold nanorods
Proc. of SPIE Vol. 8943, 89435G
Styles, J.M. et al. (1990) Rat monoclonal antibodies to the external domain of the product of the C-erbB-2 proto-oncogene.
Int J Cancer. 45 (2): 320-4.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005006 epidermal growth factor receptor activity
- GO:0043125 ErbB-3 class receptor binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0007507 heart development
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0019903 protein phosphatase binding
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0045785 positive regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up