C3d antibody | 3
|Rat anti Human C3d antibody, clone 3 (also known as clone YB2/39-11-7), recognizes a linear antigen on C3d. This antibody also detects C3, C3b, iC3b and C3dg, it does not recognize C3c. To distinguish C3 from C3b, a Mouse anti Human C3a/C3a desArg antibody (MCA6163GA) can be used.
C3 is a 185 kDa glycoprotein consisting of an alpha and beta chain and is the key component of the complement activation pathways. There are 3 activation pathways within the complement system; the classical, lectin and alternative pathways. All three pathways converge on C3, resulting in its cleavage to anaphylatoxin C3a and opsonin C3b. Once formed, C3b targets microbial cell surface receptors, marking them for phagocytosis by macrophages. The activity of C3b is heavily regulated to prevent accidental host tissue damage. Of these regulators, circulating Factor I, in the presence of co-factors, cleaves C3b to generate inactivated C3b (iC3b). iC3b’s inactive designation relates to its inability to assist in the formation of convertases. In the presence of membrane bound complement receptor 1, iC3b is cleaved further to C3dg, before further cleavage into C3d and C3c. C3d is able to interact with complement receptor 2, which is expressed on the surface of B cells. C3d is involved in pathogen opsonisation, using a thiolester bond to covalently coat pathogens (Ricklin et al. 2016).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up