Golimumab antibody | AbD25429
Human anti Golimumab
Anti-Golimumab Antibody is a recombinant, inhibitory, anti-idiotypic antibody in monovalent Fab format; it is ideal for bioanalysis of golimumab and biosimilars. It is suitable as a capture antibody in a PK bridging ELISA to detect free drug, paired with HCA287.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab monovalent
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Clone AbD25429 is an affinity-matured variant of clone AbD20710 (HCA240), with about 2-fold affinity improvement.
A pair of anti golimumab antibodies can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging assay to measure free drug. This antibody, in monovalent Fab format, is recommended as the capture antibody, paired with the antibody in full immunoglobulin format, clone AbD25418_hIgG1 (HCA287P), as the detection antibody.
Golimumab, marketed under the brand name Simponi is a recombinant human IgG1/kappa monoclonal antibody approved for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. This therapeutic antibody, directed against TNFα, acts by blocking the binding of TNFα to its receptors, resulting in a down-regulation of the inflammatory response associated with autoimmune diseases.
View a summary of all anti-golimumab antibodies
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD25429 was measured as KD = 1.0 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized golimumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. Simponi is a registered trademark of Janssen Biotech, Inc. in the USA and Merck & Co, Inc. in Europe.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Golimumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Clone AbD25429 can be used in a direct or indirect ELISA system or as capture antibody for golimumab in a bridging ELISA together with HCA287P (AbD25418_hIgG1) as the detection reagent.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Human anti Golimumab||HCA287||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Golimumab:HRP||HCA287P||E||0.1 mg|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK001P||CJ||1 Conjugation For 400µg Antibody|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
|Mouse anti Human IgG (Fc) CH2 Domain:HRP||MCA647P||C* E||0.2 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Golimumab antibody
Harth, S. et al. (2019) Generation by phage display and characterization of drug-target complex-specific antibodies for pharmacokinetic analysis of biotherapeutics.
MAbs. 11 (1): 178-190.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra