Etanercept antibody | AbD25939
Human anti Etanercept
Anti-Etanercept Antibody is a recombinant, non-inhibitory monovalent Fab antibody; it is ideal for bioanalytical assays to measure levels of etanercept and biosimilars. It is recommended as capture antibody in a PK bridging ELISA with HCA277P or HCA279P.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab monovalent
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Our anti-etanercept antibodies can be used to develop pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging assays to measure either free drug or total drug. This antibody, in monovalent Fab format, is recommended as the capture antibody. For an assay to detect free drug, use with the inhibitory antibody, clone AbD25940_hIgG4Pro (HCA277P) for detection; for an assay to detect total drug use with p75-Fc-fusion specific clone AbD26183_hIgG1 (HCA279P) for detection.
Etanercept (Enbrel®) is a dimeric fusion protein consisting of the extracellular ligand-binding portion of the human 75 kDa (p75) TNFR2 linked to the Fc portion of human IgG1. The Fc component of etanercept contains the CH2 domain, the CH3 domain and hinge region, but not the CH1 domain of IgG1. It is used to treat autoimmune diseases by interfering with TNF, acting as a TNF inhibitor. It binds to both TNFα and TNFβ (Lymphotoxin A).
View a summary of all anti-etanercept antibodies.
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD25939 was measured as KD = 3.2 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized etanercept.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
Enbrel® is a registered trademark of Immunex Corporation.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Etanercept antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used in a direct or indirect ELISA or as capture antibody for etanercept.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure total drug
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|Human anti Etanercept||HCA277||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Etanercept:HRP||HCA277P||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Etanercept||HCA279||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Etanercept:HRP||HCA279P||E||0.1 mg|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra