Eculizumab antibody | AbD32311
Human anti Eculizumab
Human Anti-Eculizumab Antibody is a recombinant, inhibitory anti-idiotypic antibody in monovalent Fab format; it is recommended as capture antibody in a PK bridging ELISA format with HCA313P for detection.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab monovalent
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
A pair of anti-eculizumab antibodies can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging assay to measure free drug. This antibody, in monovalent Fab format, is recommended as the capture antibody, paired with an HRP conjugated Anti-Eculizumab Antibody in full immunoglobulin format, clone AbD32107_hIgG1 (HCA313P) as the detection antibody.
Eculizumab (Soliris) is a humanized IgG2/4 kappa antibody. The heavy chains are comprised of human IgG2 sequences in CH1, the hinge and the adjacent portion CH2, and human IgG4 sequences in the remaining part of CH2 and CH3. The drug is used to treat paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), a rare acquired life-threatening disease of the blood characterized by destruction of red blood cells by the complement system. It also has approval as an orphan drug for treatment of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS). Eculizumab specifically binds to the terminal complement component 5 (C5) and inhibits the cleavage of C5 to C5a and C5b by the C5 convertase, which prevents the generation of the terminal complement complex C5b-9. Both C5a and C5b-9 cause the terminal complement-mediated events that are characteristic of PNH and aHUS. A 1:1 molar ratio of eculizumab to C5 is sufficient for C5 inhibition.
View a summary of all anti-eculizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH). This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD32311 was measured as KD = 6 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized eculizumab
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up tp 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Soliris is a trademark of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Eculizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Clone AbD32311 can be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture antibody for eculizumab in a bridging ELISA together with HCA313P as the detection reagent.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|Human anti Eculizumab||HCA313||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Eculizumab||HCA314||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Eculizumab||HCA315||E||0.1 mg|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra