Eculizumab antibody | AbD32109_hIgG1
Human anti Eculizumab
Human Anti-Eculizumab Antibody is a recombinant, inhibitory, anti-idiotypic antibody in fully human IgG1 format. It can be used as a positive control or calibrator in an immunogenicity assay.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Clone AbD32109_hIgG1 is a fully human recombinant monoclonal antibody with IgG1 isotype and is suitable as a surrogate positive control or calibrator in an anti-drug antibody (ADA) assay as part of eculizumab or biosimilar immunogenicity testing.
Eculizumab (Soliris) is a humanized IgG2/4 kappa antibody. The heavy chains are comprised of human IgG2 sequences in CH1, the hinge and the adjacent portion CH2, and human IgG4 sequences in the remaining part of CH2 and CH3. The drug is used to treat paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), a rare acquired life-threatening disease of the blood characterized by destruction of red blood cells by the complement system. It also has approval as an orphan drug for treatment of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS). Eculizumab specifically binds to the terminal complement component 5 (C5) and inhibits the cleavage of C5 to C5a and C5b by the C5 convertase, which prevents the generation of the terminal complement complex C5b-9. Both C5a and C5b-9 cause the terminal complement-mediated events that are characteristic of PNH and aHUS. A 1:1 molar ratio of eculizumab to C5 is sufficient for C5 inhibition.
View a summary of all anti-eculizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD32109_hIgG1 was measured as KD = 3 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized eculizumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
Soliris is a trademark of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Eculizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Clone AbD32109_hIgG1 can be used in an indirect ELISA. It can also be used as a surrogate positive control or calibrator in an anti-drug antibody assay.
Protocol: Anti-Drug Antibody bridging ELISA
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|Human anti Eculizumab||HCA312||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Eculizumab||HCA313||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Eculizumab||HCA314||E||0.1 mg|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra