Connexin 43 (pSer368) antibody
Connexin 43 allows for the exchange of solutions between neighbouring cells through the formation of gap-junctional channels and is expressed in the brain, kidneys and myocardium, as well as vascular endothelial cells. A decrease in the permeability of gap-junctional channels occurs due to a conformational change in the structure of connexin 43, and that this is mediated by the phosphorylation of connexin 43 at residue serine 368, by Protein Kinase C (Bao et al. 2004).
A possible link between connexin 43 and epilepsy has been investigated following the detection of high levels of connexin 43 in both low-grade tumours and peritumoural reactive astrocytes (Aronica et al. 2001).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Zebrafish Expected from Sequence Chicken Expected from Sequence Guinea Pig Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Human Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to rat connexin43 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.05% Sodium Azide 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to an amino acid sequence within connexin43 which includes phosphorylated Ser368
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005243 gap junction channel activity
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0005769 early endosome
- GO:0005771 multivesicular body
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005916 fascia adherens
- GO:0005922 connexon complex
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009268 response to pH
- GO:0010232 vascular transport
- GO:0015867 ATP transport
- GO:0016264 gap junction assembly
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0030165 PDZ domain binding
- GO:0030660 Golgi-associated vesicle membrane
- GO:0043434 response to peptide hormone stimulus
- GO:0045121 membrane raft
- GO:0045732 positive regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0048812 neuron projection morphogenesis
- GO:0051259 protein oligomerization
- GO:0051924 regulation of calcium ion transport
- For research purposes only
Applications of Connexin 43 (pSer368) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP977 detects a band of approximately 43kDa in rat hippocampus cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
Bao, X. et al. (2004) Mechanism of regulation of the gap junction protein connexin 43 by protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 286 (3): C647-54.
Bao, X. et al. (2004) Regulation of purified and reconstituted connexin 43 hemichannels by protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation of Serine 368.
J Biol Chem. 279 (19): 20058-66.
Aronica, E. et al. (2001) Expression of connexin 43 and connexin 32 gap-junction proteins in epilepsy-associated brain tumors and in the perilesional epileptic cortex.
Acta Neuropathol. 101 (5): 449-59.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra