XIAP is an endogenous inhibitor of cell death, which functions by suppressing caspases 3, 7, and 9. The protein is also reported to play a a role in the activation of NF kappa B and the regulation of cyclins and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors (CDKIs).
Regulators of XIAP activity include XAF-1 and Smac.
Rabbit anti Human XIAP antibody detects a band of approximately 57 kDa in human kidney lysates.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human XIAP were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a thirteen amino acid sequence with the C-terminal region of human XIAP.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006974 response to DNA damage stimulus
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0016874 ligase activity
- GO:0043027 caspase inhibitor activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of XIAP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|