Rabbit anti Human VEGF receptor 2 antibody detects vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2), a member of the tyrosine kinase family that plays an essential role in transducing the major signals for angiogenesis. VEGFR2 has also been implicated in embryonic development, wound healing, cell proliferation, migration and differentiation.
VEGFR2 is expressed mostly on vascular endothelial cells, and is expressed on a subpopulation of haematopoietic cells which might be the progenitor for endothelial cells.
Mutated forms of VEGFR2 have been implicated in cancer and diabetic retinopathy, where it results in pathological angiogenesis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human VEGF receptor 2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to an internal domain of human VEGF receptor 2, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
growth factor binding
vascular endothelial growth factor receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
regulation of cell shape
Hsp90 protein binding
positive regulation of endothelial cell migration
interspecies interaction between organisms
positive regulation of positive chemotaxis
positive regulation of focal adhesion assembly
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of VEGF Receptor 2 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast carcinoma.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for VEGF Receptor 2 antibody
Shibuya, M. (2006) Differential roles of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 and receptor-2 in angiogenesis.
J Biochem Mol Biol. 39 (5): 469-78.
Hjelmgren, O. et al. (2016) Increased Vascularization in the Vulnerable Upstream Regions of Both Early and Advanced Human Carotid Atherosclerosis.
PLoS One. 11 (12): e0166918.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra