Rabbit anti Human TNF beta antibody recognizes human tumour necrosis factor beta (TNF-beta), also known as lymphotoxin alpha (LT-alpha), an 18.6 kDa homotrimeric polypeptide secreted by activated T and B lymphocytes, which binds to the TNF receptors TNFR1, TNFR2 and HVEM (herpes virus entry mediator receptor).
TNF-beta was originally isolated due to its cytotoxic effects on tumour cells, and has since been identified as a regulator of many cellular processes and a potent mediator of inflammation and immune responses against invading pathogens.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water . For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human TNF-beta were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human TNF-beta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
induction of apoptosis
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TNF Beta antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available