Rabbit anti human TGFα
recognizes tranforming growth factor alpha. TGFα is a 50 amino acid EGF-related polypeptide expressed in a range of tissues, including skin, pancreas, liver, duodenum, salivary glands, urinary and respiratory systems, and the developing and mature central nervous system (CNS).
TGFα is produced by monocytes, keratinocytes and neuronal cells and stimulates the proliferation of a range of epidermal and epithelial cells, through binding to the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). TGFα is mitogenic for multipotent neural progenitors and is involved in astrogliosis (Junier 2000
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB: For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human TGFα were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was was prepared by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human TGFα (PHP037)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
activation of MAPK activity
integral to membrane
MAP kinase kinase activity
signal transducer activity
epidermal growth factor receptor binding
positive regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor activity
growth factor activity
positive regulation of mitosis
positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TGF Alpha antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This purifed human TGFα antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA with recombinant human TGFα (PHP037) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti human TGFα may used in Western Blotting application under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human TGFα (PHP037) as the positive control.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for TGF Alpha antibody
Junier, M.P. (2000) What role(s) for TGFalpha in the central nervous system?
Prog Neurobiol. 62 (5): 443-73.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra