Rabbit anti Human TACR3 antibody recognizes human TACR3 otherwise known as NK3 Receptor (NK3R), a 52.2 kDa multi-pass membrane protein belonging to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
TACR3 is a receptor for the tachykinin neuropeptide, neuromedin-k otherwise known as neurokinin B and is highly expressed in the supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei. Following binding of its ligand, NK3R activates a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system, and it is likely that these signals lead to the release of vasopressin and oxytocin into the circulation. Studies with mice indicate that TACR3 is involved in learning and memory.
Rabbit anti Human TACR3 antibody (
AHP1492) does not recognize NK1R or NK2R.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human TACR3 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- An 18 amino acid peptide from near the centre of human TACR3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
tachykinin receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TACR3 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain
- Western Blotting
- AHP1492 detects a band of approximately 46kDa in RAW264.7 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Haley, G.E. & Flynn, F.W. (2007) Tachykinin NK3 receptor contribution to systemic release of vasopressin and oxytocin in response to osmotic and hypotensive challenge.
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 293 (2): R931-7.
Ding, Y.Q. et al. (1999) Neurokinin B receptor (NK3)-containing neurons in the paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the rat hypothalamus synthesize vasopressin and express Fos following intravenous injection of hypertonic saline.
Neuroscience. 91 (3): 1077-85.
Maggi, C.A. (1995) The mammalian tachykinin receptors.
Gen Pharmacol. 26 (5): 911-44.
Nakajima, Y. et al. (1992) Direct linkage of three tachykinin receptors to stimulation of both phosphatidylinositol hydrolysis and cyclic AMP cascades in transfected Chinese hamster ovary cells.
J Biol Chem. 267 (4): 2437-42.