Rabbit anti Human SLPI antibody recognizes secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), a ~14 kDa non-glycosylated protein produced by secretory cells in the respiratory, genital and lachrymal glands, and by macrophages, B-cells and neutrophils.
The functions of SLPI are diverse. The SLPI protein inhibits protease activity at sites of inflammation, protecting tissues against protease mediated damage and it possesses anti-microbial/anti-viral activity. In addition, SLPI has been reported to exhibit anti-inflammatory properties, regulating lipopolysaccharide induced activation of NF-kappa beta in peripheral blood monocytes.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human SLPI were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A 17 amino acid peptide located near the centre of human SLPI.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of SLPI antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1437 detects a band of approximately 14kDa in Daudi cell lysates.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available