Filter by Application:P Reset
Rabbit anti Human RANTES:Biotin
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti Human RANTES antibody recognizes human RANTES (regulated upon activation, normal T cell expressed and secreted), otherwise known as CCL5, a 68 amino acid CC- chemokine involved in T cell activation and cell recruitment, expressed by cytotoxic (CD8+) T cells (CTLs), macrophages, keratinocytes and endothelial cells.
RANTES acts as a chemoattractant for monocytes, CD4+/CD45RO+ memory T cells, basophils and eosinophils, thorough binding to chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 1 (CCR1), CCR3 and CCR5. Both CCR3 and CCR5 are known co-receptors for the entry of HIV viruses into target cells and the binding of RANTES to CCR3 on CTLs has been shown to enhance HIV-1-specific cytotoxicity, whilst binding to CCR5 inhibits membrane fusion and hence HIV entry.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human RANTES were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant Human RANTES
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- This biotinylated human RANTES antibody may be used in a direct ELISA or as the detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA with our purified human RANTES antibody (AHP340G) as the capture reagent and recombinant human RANTES (PHP062) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This antibody may be used in Western Blotting under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human RANTES (PHP062) as the positive control.
References for RANTES antibody
Appay, V. et al. (2000) RANTES activates antigen-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in a mitogen-like manner through cell surface aggregation.
Int Immunol. 12 (8): 1173-82.
Dragic, T. et al. (1996) HIV-1 entry into CD4+ cells is mediated by the chemokine receptor CC-CKR-5.
Nature. 381 (6584): 667-73.
Cheng, H. et al. (2016) TWEAK/Fn14 activation induces keratinocyte proliferation under psoriatic inflammation.
Exp Dermatol. 25 (1): 32-7.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0006887 exocytosis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- GO:0006979 response to oxidative stress
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0042056 chemoattractant activity
- GO:0045071 negative regulation of viral genome replication
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up