Rabbit anti PUMA antibody
recognizes the p53 - upregulated modulator of apoptosis, also known as Bcl-2 binding component 3, JFY-1 or Bcl-2. PUMA is a 193 amino acid ~20 kDa pro-apoptotic member of the BCL-2 family.
Bcl-2 binding component 3 is localized to the mitochondria, binds BCL-2 and induces cytochrome C release and apoptosis in response to p53 (Follis et al. 2013
). Four isoforms of PUMA have been described due to alternative splicing. Rabbit anti PUMA antibody is expected to recognize the canonical isoform 1, also known as PUMA alpha, it is not expected to recognize any of the other isoforms of PUMA.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Bcl-2 binding component 3 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide ARARQEGSSPEPVEG corresponding to the N-terminus of human Bcl-2 binding component 3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
mitochondrial outer membrane
activation of caspase activity
induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
negative regulation of growth
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of PUMA antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human breast carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- AHP727 detects a band of approximately 23kDa in K562 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for PUMA antibody
Naderi, E.H. et al. (2009) Activation of cAMP signaling inhibits DNA damage-induced apoptosis in BCP-ALL cells through abrogation of p53 accumulation.
Blood. 114 (3): 608-18.
Nakano, K. & Vousden, K.H. (2001) PUMA, a novel proapoptotic gene, is induced by p53.
Mol Cell. 7 (3): 683-94.