Rabbit anti Human PTK7 antibody recognizes the N-terminal region of human Protein tyrosine kinase-like 7 (PTK7), a member of the receptor tyrosine kinase family, otherwise known as Colon Carcinoma Kinase 4 (CCK4). PTK7 is highly expressed in the kidney, liver, lung, pancreas and melanocytes with weaker expression being detected in the thyroid gland, ovaries, brain, heart and skeletal muscle.
PTK7 may play a role in embryonic development. It is thought to function as a cell adhesion molecule and as a novel regulator of the planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway in vertebrates.
PTK7 may be involved in the tumour progression. A loss of PTK7 expression has been observed in melanoma cell lines, whereas increased levels of PTK7 have been detected in high-throughput acute myeloid leukaemia samples. In addition, PTK7 is not expressed in normal colon but has been detected in colon carcinomas and as such is a potential marker for tumour progression.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antisera to human PTK7 (NT) were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A 15 amino acid peptide located near the N-terminal region of human PTK7.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of PTK7 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1440 detects a band of approximately 86kDa in colon tissue lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Lu, X. et al. (2004) PTK7/CCK-4 is a novel regulator of planar cell polarity in vertebrates.
Nature. 430 (6995): 93-8.
Easty, D.J. et al. (1997) Loss of expression of receptor tyrosine kinase family genes PTK7 and SEK in metastatic melanoma.
Int J Cancer. 71 (6): 1061-5.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra