Rabbit anti human PlGF antibody
recognizes human placental growth factor (PlGF). PlGF is a dimeric glycoprotein and member of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family, involved in angiogenesis, and the stimulation of endothelial cell proliferation and migration.
The three isoforms PlGF-1, PlGF-2 and PlGF-3 are present in most placental tissues and act through binding to the VEGFR-1/FLT1 receptor. The involvement of PlGF in angiogenesis has made PlGF a focus area in the study of inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis, and PlGF is used as a biochemical marker in cardiovascular disease, and also detected at reduced levels during pre-eclampsia (Krauss et al. 2004
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human PlGF were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human PLGF.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
growth factor activity
vascular endothelial growth factor receptor signaling pathway
positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of PLGF antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- This purified human PLGF antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for PLGF antibody
Maglione, D. et al. (1991) Isolation of a human placenta cDNA coding for a protein related to the vascular permeability factor.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 88 (20): 9267-71.