Rabbit anti Human Mcl-1 antibodyrecognizes an epitope within the central region (IN) of human Myeloid cell leukaemia sequence 1 (MCL-1), an anti-apoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family of proteins, first identified in differentiating ML-1 myeloid cells, and expressed in many different cell lines, tissues and a variety of tumours.
The MCL-1 protein, localised to intracellular membranes and particularly mitochondrial membranes, has since been isolated in two distinct isoforms, known as MCL-1 long (MCL-1L) and MCL-1 short (MCL-1S). MCL-1S has been identified as a pro-apoptotic splice variant of MCL-1L, missing the transmembrane and BH1 and BH2 (Bcl-2 homology) domains. Interaction between these two antagonistic variants can act to regulate cell survival.
Rabbit anti Human Mcl-1 antibody (AHP998) recognizes both the MCL-1L (~38 kDa) and MCL-1S (~30 kDa) isoforms of MCL-1.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human MCL-1 (IN) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- A 16 amino acid peptide located near the centre of human MCL-1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Mcl-1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP998 detects a band of approximately 30kDa and 38kDa in Human Raji cell lysates.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra