Rabbit anti Human Lymphotactin antibody recognizes human Lymphotactin, otherwise known as XCL1, the only member of the C-chemokine family identified so far. Unlike other members of the chemokine superfamily, Lymphotactin uniquely acts as a chemoattractant for lymphocytes, but not monocytes or neutrophils, suggesting an important regulatory role in lymphocyte trafficking and inflammation.
Lymphotactin, shown to signal through chemokine XC receptor 1 (XCR1), is detected at the highest level in the spleen and at low levels in the lungs, small intestine and colon, and is abundantly and selectively expressed by activated T cells, in particular CD8+ T cells, and is also produced by NK cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB: For functional studies do not use azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human lymphotactin were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human lymphotactin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Lymphotactin antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Lymphotactin antibody
Blaschke, S. et al. (2003) Expression of activation-induced, T cell-derived, and chemokine-related cytokine/lymphotactin and its functional role in rheumatoid arthritis.
Arthritis Rheum. 48: 1858-72.
Kennedy, J. et al. (1995) Molecular cloning and functional characterization of human lymphotactin.
J Immunol. 155 (1): 203-9.