Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-15 antibody recognizes human IL-15 (Interleukin-15), a 14kDa immunomodulatory glycoprotein expressed by multiple tissues and cell types, which primarily stimulates T lymphocytes, but is also critical for the development and activation of natural killer cells (NK).
IL-15 shares functional properties with IL-2 and binds with high affinity to the IL-15 receptor (IL-15R), consisting of the IL-15R alpha chain, and also the IL-2Rbeta and common gamma chains used by the IL-2 receptor. Affects of IL-15 have been linked with cells and tissues unrelated to the immune system, and increased expression of IL-15 has been demonstrated in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), ulcerative colitis (UC) Chron’s disease (CD) and lymphoid malignancies, and also conditions affiliated with HIV and HTLV-1 infection.
Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-15 antibody will neutralise IL-15 activity in bioassay systems.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IL-15 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human IL-15.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
signal transducer activity
integral to plasma membrane
cytokine receptor binding
positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
positive regulation of tissue remodeling
positive regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-15 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- For functional studies do not use Azide.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-15 antibody
Kurys, G. et al. (2000) The long signal peptide isoform and its alternative processing direct the intracellular trafficking of interleukin-15.
J. Biol. Chem. 275: 30653 - 30659.
Fehniger, T.A. and Caligiuri, M.A. et al (2001) Interleukin 15: biology and relevance to human disease.
BLOOD. 97: 14-32.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra