Rabbit anti Human GRO beta antibody
recognizes human GRO-beta, also known as Growth-regulated protein beta, C-X-C motif chemokine 2, Macrophage inflammatory protein 2-alpha, MIP-2α or CXCL2. GRO beta is a ~7.9 kDa CXC chemokine and one of three closely related, but distinct GRO gene products, which act as chemoattractants and activators of neutrophils and basophils.
Like GRO-alpha (CXCL1) and GRO-gamma (CXCL3), GRO-beta contains the ELR-motif (N-terminal Glu-Leu-Arg amino acid sequence) and signals through the CXCR1 and CXCR2 receptors, though studies have shown that GRO-beta has a lower potency and receptor binding affinity (Geiser et al. 1993
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB. For functional studies do not azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human GRO-beta were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human GRO-beta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GRO Beta antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for GRO Beta antibody
Haskill, S. et al. (1990) Identification of three related human GRO genes encoding cytokine functions.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 87 (19): 7732-6.
Geiser, T. et al. (1993) The interleukin-8-related chemotactic cytokines GRO alpha, GRO beta, and GRO gamma activate human neutrophil and basophil leukocytes.
J Biol Chem. 268 (21): 15419-24.
Kogan-sakin, I. et al. (2009) Prostate stromal cells produce CXCL-1, CXCL-2, CXCL-3 and IL-8 in response to epithelia-secreted IL-1.
Carcinogenesis. 30 (4): 698-705.