Rabbit anti Human Glucose Transporter 5 antibody
recognizes Solute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 5, also known as the Glucose 5 transporter, "glucose transporter type 5, small intestine", GLUT5 or Fructose transporter. Glucose Transporter 5 catalyses the uptake of D-fructose into cells. Glucose Transporter 5 is a 501 amino acid ~55 kDa multiple pass transmembrane glycoprotein protein expressed in the plasma membrane and found mainly in intestinal tissue, kidney, and spermatozoa. (UniProt: P22732
Increased intestinal levels of GLUT5 are seen in type 2 diabetes.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A synthetic peptide (ELKELPPVTSEQ) corresponding to the carboxy terminus of the human GLUT 5. To accomodate KLH conjugation a cysteine was added to the N-terminal.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
fructose transmembrane transporter activity
glucose transmembrane transporter activity
carbohydrate metabolic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Glucose Transporter 5 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Glucose Transporter 5 antibody
Mahraoui, L. et al. (1992) Expression and localization of GLUT-5 in Caco-2 cells, human small intestine, and colon.
Am J Physiol. 263 (3 Pt 1): G312-8.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra