Rabbit anti GAPDH
GAPDH antibody recognizes the enzyme glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase, also known as peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
GAPDH catalyzes an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism, the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). The enzyme exists as a tetramer of identical chains. Many pseudogenes similar to this locus are present in the human genome. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for GAPDH (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2012).
Rabbit anti Human GAPDH antibody detects a band of 37 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GAPDH detects a band of approximately 37 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide corresponding to a 16 amino acid sequence from near the amino terminus of GAPDH
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P04406 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GAPDH Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004365 glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0035605 peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
- GO:0035606 peptidyl-cysteine S-trans-nitrosylation
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GAPDH antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.